PNP chief scheduled to face senators on Thursday
Barring any sudden changes, Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa and top law enforcers are set to face the Senate at a hearing on Thursday.
The high-profile law enforcement officials are to attend the hearing led by the Senate committee on public order and dangerous drugs chaired by Sen. Panfilo Lacson.
Aside from dela Rosa, also expected to attend the hearing are:
– Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency head Isidro Lapena
– Dangerous Drugs Board chairman Felipe Rojas Jr.
– National Bureau of Investigation director Dante Gierran
– Bureau of Corrections OIC Superintendent Rolando Asuncion
– NCRPO head Chief Superintendent Oscar Albayalde
– Justice secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II
– National Intelligence Coordinating Agency director general Alex Paul Monteagudo
– Bureau of Jail Management and Penology OIC Chief Superintendent Serafin Barretto Jr.
– Health secretary Dr. Paulyn Ubial
– PhilHealth OIC Ramon Aristoza Jr.
– National Youth Commission OIC Earl Saavedra
Thursday’s hearing also involves the Senate committees on civil service, government reorganization and professional regulation; health and demography; national defense and security; and youth and finance.
It will also be a preview of sorts of the hearing next week, headed by the Senate committee on justice and human rights under Leila de Lima. But Thursday’s hearing will not quite focus on the extra-judicial killings amid the anti-drug war. Instead, it will tackle bills including:
– Senate Bill 3 creating the Presidential Anti-Drug Authority
– Senate Bill 8 allowing affordable drug rehabilitation treatment for PHIC beneficiaries
– Senate Bills 21 and 48, authorizing wiretaps on suspects in drug cases