SAF procedure in Bilibid only for security purposes



The deployment of the elite PNP-Special Action Force commandos at the New Bilibid Prison is mainly to safe the most safety compound, its public info officer clarified on Thursday.

"Ang duties po namin doon is much more on security ng NBP, specifically sa maximum security," Police Insp. Jonalyn Malnat stated in the press conference in Camp Crame. For the meantime, Malnat said the PNP deployed a provisional battalion of SAF officers to stand guard in the compound to help the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) stop illegal activities inside. "The role of SAF would be to help BuCor in terms of security aspect. We are focused on the security of Creating 14 and assist BuCor to cease illegal activities," she mentioned.

Building 14 houses numerous high-profile inmates in the detention cells such as known criminals confronted with PNP chief Director Basic Ronald Dela Rosa on Wednesday - suspected drug lords Peter Co and Herbert Colangco, and convicted carnapper Jaybee Sebastian. Malnat said SAF carried out seminars and mission and contingency organizing before they assumed their safety posts within the maximum security compound. The elite group also underwent an orientation on NBP prison operations, assessment of safety survey and inspection, table leading and simulation exercises.

Malnat said they had been briefed from the Division of Justice, PNP Crime Laboratory, the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group, as well as the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency on their functions. Meanwhile, she mentioned SAF recovered greater than P400,000 in money, a lot more or much less than two grams of suspected shabu, drug paraphernalia, and a number of appliances for the duration of their Oplan Galugad on Wednesday with Dela Rosa and Justice Sec. Vitaliano Aguirre.

 SAF often ready

Malnat noted that while the diverse SAF units have been affected through the NBP deployment, the PNP leadership continues to be confident all commandos will continue their other duties like preventing terrorism. “Since provisional battalion, might kaunting impact sa line units kasi kinuha namin sila sa iba't ibang line units namin. But as a hugely tactical unit in the PNP, we're usually ready sa ganitong biglaan,” she stated. “I can say na confident kami na magagawa namin ang aming tungkulin aside from our isolated and counter terrorism operations. Alam namin na kaya namin yun alam na ng tao namin yun," Malnat added.

Malnat declined to specify the precise quantity of commandos deployed in NBP to the safety and safety of their personnel within the penitentiary. She also clarified the elite force is still beneath the stewardship of SAF Director Chief Supt. Moro Virgilio Lazo and Dela Rosa whilst they are employed in NBP and will remain in the compound until ordered otherwise. “May chain of command kami na fina-follow. We'll still comply with kung ano ang orders sa amin ng aming director kasi kung ano man po yung orders sa amin ng aming director ay galing po yun sa [National Headquarters]... Sa lahat ng galaw namin doon naghihintay lang kami ng directive sa aming director,” Malnat stated.

'I have self-confidence in your men'

Asked on the possibility that SAF commandos may be impacted by the high-profile inmates, Malnat reiterated that she's confident their personnel will execute professionally.

“I have self-confidence in our men. We've self-assurance sa guys and women deployed sa NBP and we are going to function professionally as well as a disciplined PNP personnel,” she mentioned.

She stressed all commandos in NBP had been briefed because of the BuCor for the duration of their operations seminar on the daily activities and modus operandi in the maximum security inmates as well as how they are able to be addressed. Malnat refused to offer further details within their prison management because of security issues.

H/T:gmanewsonline

No comments

Powered by Blogger.