More drug lords will be put to death in the coming days, says PNP chief
Philippine National Police chief Director Common Ronald Dela Rosa assured people Friday that more high-value drug suspects will probably be killed within the coming days following the death of suspected drug lord Mico Tan. He mentioned that is as a result of criticisms that authorities only target modest drug pushers. "Tama 'yung palagi tayong kini-criticize na kung mamamatay ba 'yung street pushers lang daw. Ngayon ito na, nakita ninyo, malaking drug lord-patay rin, 'di ba?" he mentioned inside a television interview.
"Huwag kayong magmadali at marami pa tayong mapapatay diyan na high-value target. Hintayin lang ninyo," he added. Dela Rosa stated Tan was a big drug character together with been operating in the nation for eight years. "Very large, very huge. He has to be operating right here inside the Philippines around eight years currently. He was accountable for that drug shabu laboratory in Metro Manila. Ngayon patuloy pa rin ang kanyang ginagawa," he said. He stated Tan was the first drug lord from mainland China but he only agreed to be second to Jaguar with regards to operations. "Unang Chinese drug lord from mainland China pero pangalawa siya sa mga drug lords; si Jaguar ang una. Pero sa mga napatay siya ang pinakauna," he said.
He stated they are going to be investigating the activities of Tan and why he has got sacks of components for illegal substance as part of his possession.
Tan was killed within the anti-drug operation in Valenzuela City on Friday. Almost 200 drug suspects happen to be killed in the anti-illegal drug operations of PNP within the initial 3 weeks of July, the national headquarters bared on Tuesday.
In line with an understanding report released by Camp Crame, 194 drug suspects had been killed from July 1 to 19